Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pinata turtle!

Hia everyone! So last week I did a pinata turtle for my school as decoration for our mexico themed week. And this is how I did it.

1. Step

Buy a giant balloon & a small balloon. If you live near a shop called "Tiger" (it's a store mainly in Europe) they've got some sometimes, otherwise search for it on google and order some.


Then blow it up and tie a knot. Now you've got your base for it.

2. Step

Rip a lot of old newspaper and mix some paper mache and cover the whole balloon (the big one first). Then let it dry and repeat the process at least 3 times. When it's completely hardened pop the balloon.

While covering the bigger balloon, do the same on the smaller balloon. Repeat, and let to dry - then pop when completely dry.

3. Step

You need to get the head and body to stick to each other. I used a glue gun and covered the edges so it looked like one big balloon.
Then i used cotton balls to imitate the shell of the turtle. After gluing them on the body, I covered with paper.

It should look like this now:
Haha. It's so cute. I painted a face on it, just for the fun.



This is the view from the side. It's so adorable!

4. Step

Start to paint it in the decided colors. 

I used acrylics and gave it a few layers. 

I just found this picture on google images. I didn't take a  picture of the acrylic paint, lol.


5. Step

After painting it as desired, put on some colored rice paper as you wish and you're actually done!

And here's my ugly turtle <3 td="">

I really hope this was a simple guide to do a pinata. It doesn't have to be a turtle, it could as well be a donkey or a snake.

 I hope you'll like my guide and I'll post some more soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment